About Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board
Of all Hindu deities, Lord Shiva is highly revered and popular amongst the devotees. To pay obeisance to Holy Ice Lingam, the devotees undertake the arduous annual pilgrimage to the Holy Cave Shrine located in Kashmir Himalayas in the months of June-August. The Holy Shrine is managed by Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) which was constituted by an Act of Jammu & Kashmir State Legislature in 2000. Hon’ble Lieutenant Governor, UT of J&K is the Chairman of the Shrine Board.
The Shrine Board is responsible for better management of the Shri Amarnathji Yatra, upgradation of facilities for holy pilgrims and matter connected therewith and incidental thereto. Assisted by a Chief Executive Officer, Additional Chief Executive Officer, and distinguished Board Members, the Board is endeavored towards fulfilling its mandate.
Role of the Board:The following roles and responsibilities have been assigned to Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) as per section 16 of the Act:
- To arrange for the proper performance of worship at the Holy Shrine.
- To make arrangements for the safe custody of the funds, valuable and jewelry and for the preservation of the Board Fund.
- To undertake developmental activities concerning the areas of the shrine and its surroundings.
- To make provision for the payment of suitable emoluments to the salaried staff.
- To make suitable arrangements for the imparting of religious instruction and general education to the pilgrims.
- To undertake for the benefit of worshippers and pilgrims:
- The construction of buildings for their accommodation
- The construction of sanitary works; and
- The improvement of means of communication
- To make provision of medical relief for worshippers and pilgrims
- To do all such things as may be incidental and conducive to the efficient management, maintenance and administration of the Holy Shrine and the Board Funds and for the convenience of the pilgrims.
Composition of Shri AmarnathJi Shrine Board
|1||Shri Manoj Sinha
His Excellency the Lieutenant Governor, J&K
|1||Swami Avdheshanand Giri Ji Maharaj
|2||Shri D. C. Raina,
|3||Smt.Kailash Mehra Sadhu
|4||Shri K. N. Rai
|5||Shri K.N.Shrivastava, IAS (Retd.),
|6||Shri Pitambar Lal Gupta, IPS (Retd.),
|7|| Dr.Shailesh Raina,
|8||Prof Vishwamurti Shastri|
|9||Smt Manju Garg|
Officers of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board
|1||Dr. Mandeep K Bhandari, IAS||Chief Executive Officer (CEO)|
|2||Shri Rahul Singh, IFS||Additional Chief Executive Officer (Addl. CEO)|
|3||Shri Vikas Anand (JKAS)||Deputy Chief Executive Officer (Dy. CEO)|
|4||Shri Sushil Kesar (JKAS)||Deputy Chief Executive Officer (Dy. CEO)|
|5||Shri Vikas Attri||Chief Accounts Officer (CAO)|
|6||Er.Rajandar K.Bhat||General Manager - Works (GM)|